Smelling colors
Sorry about the delay in posting. I didn't even wish my loving audience of say...10 people tops... Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and all that.
My Christmas went as follows:
Realized Friday night I had yet to purchase the only Christmas gift I had to buy. All the adults on my mom's side of the family drew names so we could minimize holiday expenditures. So I had to buy two CDs for my cousin Jessica. Luckily she told me exactly what she wanted so I just headed over to the nearest record store, purchased and left.
Saturday I went with my dad to the tire shop to get new wheels for my Corolla. My 30,000 checkup revealed I needed new ones and I had no money. My parents were nice enough to pick up the tab. Not even a loan. Whew.
Dad and I ate lunch at Chilis while they worked on the car. It was a good time. We talked sports and had a beer. A very male lunch.
On the way home, I popped in to say hi to my best friend's family. He wasn't quite in town. Well he was but he was busy. Either way shot the shit with my second family and then made my way to my humble abode a few hours later.
I was supposed to go out with the Flutist Saturday. She called and said she just got off work and had Xmas shopping to do. She said we could meet for dinner but warned me she was in a shitty mood so might not be the best of company. I told her if she's in a bad mood she certainly doesn't have to entertain some random dude (being me). She made sure I was ok with that idea. I reminded her it was my idea and she should just take care of herself tonight. There are always other nights to go out.
Sunday I got a panicked call from my mother in the morning. Apparently the giant TV my mom bought dad for Xmas could not be delivered by Xmas eve. They wanted to give her a different TV and a $100 gift card for her inconvenience. I told her BS. Told her to get over there and get a ton of free shit and do not let them give you another TV. She did and ended up getting the TV at cost, free delivery and a $200 gift card. Not bad return. We took Dad over to the electronics store to see his present since he wasn't getting it that night or on Xmas. He was pleased. Dad never gets cool presents for Xmas so it was a big change.
I stayed at the parentals and played my brother's 360. I decided to stay the night. It would be easier than having to drive back home that night and drive back in the morning for Christmas.
Christmas morning was cool. My haul included both seasons 1 and 2 of Battlestar Galactica, a Shins CD, Clerks II, V for Vendetta, Final Fantasy III for the DS, a Barnes & Noble gift card, a Fruit Fucker T-shirt and some money. Not bad. Not bad at all. No Wii but I can't complain :)
Jeff got a Wii though... fucker.
Since then it's been basically all work no play. ::sigh:: Money has been tight but things are looking up. Let's hope 2007 won't be nearly as weird as 2006. I certainly don't plan on going to Japan, getting engaged, having my said fiance leave me and start dating all over again.
3 comments:
You have 10 people that willingly admit that they read your blog? Dude. I'm jealous. I've got like...2...tops. You and Alice. Ten people is totally like a freaking legion. You should make the most out of your audience.
But it sounds like you made out this Christmas. Especially on the V for Vendetta. Totally sweet.
Ten is an estimate. It's probably not ten regular readers. Maybe ten people ever... I dunno. Who keeps track of these things?
So, I just got around to reading this post, and I'm left with one question: What is a Fruit Fucker t-shirt?
I'm imagining away, and I'm hoping it's not as bad as I think.
Post a Comment